1. Tick the classless routing protocols.
Question 1 of 50
2. Which command will produce the below output?
Device ID: R2.lab.local Entry address(es): IP address: 192.168.1.2 Platform: Cisco 3725, Capabilities: Router Switch IGMP Interface: FastEthernet0/0, Port ID (outgoing port): FastEthernet0/0 Holdtime: 161 sec Version: Cisco IOS Software, 3700 Software (C3725-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.1(15)T7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3) advertisement version: 2 VTP Management Domain: ‘’ Duplex: half
Question 2 of 50
3. Wireless access points can function as repeaters, accepting a weak RF signal, strengthening (amplifying) it, and resending it. This operation is used to extend the range of wireless networks.
Question 3 of 50
4. For the CSMA/CD backoff algorithm, a ____ timer is used to prevent all stations from retransmitting at the same time.
Question 4 of 50
5. Wireless Networking (WiFi) is covered by IEEE standard?
Question 5 of 50
6. Your boss asks you to run FTP debugs on your router. Which command do you issue?
Question 6 of 50
7. Which command will show the MAC address to port mappings on a Cisco switch?
Question 7 of 50
8. You capture the below packet and look at the Dst field. What sort of packet is it? (Image copyright https://wiki.edgertronic.com).
Question 8 of 50
9. Tick the three layers of the Cisco Hierarchical Model.
Question 9 of 50
10. UDP does not check the segments that arrive at the destination to ensure that they are valid and in the proper order. This means that the integrity verifications and the error connection process will occur in the application layer.
Question 10 of 50
11. EIGRP attempts to find neighbors by sending Hello packets every five seconds using multicast address _____.
Question 11 of 50
12. You can debug SNMP traffic on a router or switch with the ______ command.
Question 12 of 50
13. Cisco switches store MAC address to port mappings permanently or until a reload.
Question 13 of 50
14. After all the TCP data is sent between the two hosts, the session can be closed. Hosts sends a segment with the ___bit set, letting the other host know that it wants to end the TCP session.
Question 14 of 50
15. _____ is a Cisco proprietary protocol that operates on TCP port 49. It is used to provide access control to network devices.
Question 15 of 50
16. EIGRP uses the router ID feature to prevent routing loops.
Question 16 of 50
17. The Time to Live (TTL) field is populated with a number when the packet is generated. Pings, for example, use this facility. As the packet traverses each router, the number will increment by one.
Question 17 of 50
18. The most common use of ICMP is the ____ command to test connectivity between two devices.
Question 18 of 50
19. Your colleague is telnetted into a remote router but can't see debug messages appear on his screen. Which command do you tell her to add?
Question 19 of 50
20. Your colleague is trying to make his own crossover cable. He asks which pins he swaps. What do you tell him? (Choose all which apply).
Question 20 of 50
21. Autonegotiation uses _____ to allow the devices to agree to send data at the highest available rate.
Question 21 of 50
22. RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service) is an open standard protocol used to provide secure remote access to the network. It operates on UDP ports ___ and ____.
Question 22 of 50
23. You need to find the Base MAC address for your switch (as below). Which command do you issue?
32K bytes of flash-simulated non-volatile configuration memory. Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:0C:BE:D4:3C:40 Motherboard assembly number: 34-7410-05
Question 23 of 50
Question 24 of 50
25. Which command will disable CDP on your interface?
Question 25 of 50
26. For STP, the bridge with the highest BID becomes the root bridge. The BID used to consist of just two values in an 8-byte field—the bridge priority (32768 by default), which is two bytes, and the base MAC address of the backplane or supervisor module (depending on the switch model), which is six bytes.
Question 26 of 50
27. Which of the below commands are compulsory if you want to enable SSH access for your router. (choose all which apply)
Question 27 of 50
28. BGP uses ___ as a transport protocol and port ___ as the destination port.
Question 28 of 50
29. JPEG and MPEG both reside in which OSI layer?
Question 29 of 50
30. Traceroute is a widely utilized ____ utility that is used to determine the path that a packet will take to reach its destination.
Question 30 of 50
Question 31 of 50
32. EIGRP uses a composite metric. An algorithm is used for metric calculation. Components of the composite metrics are bandwidth, delay (of the line), reliability, and load. EIGRP uses ____ and ____ by default (metric = [bw + delay] x 256).
Question 32 of 50
33. On occasion (e.g., after the link goes up or the interface gets enabled), a device might issue an ARP request with its own IP address as the target address. This type of ARP request is known as _____.
Question 33 of 50
34. In ______ mode, the network administrator will configure firewall rules to permit or deny certain data to certain ports or ranges of ports, and the incoming and outgoing data have no relationship with each other.
Question 34 of 50
35. Your boss asks you to change the Native VLAN on a switch interface. Which command do you use?
Question 35 of 50
36. Which command will produce the output below?
Neighbor ID Pri State Dead Time Address Interface 10.20.20.1 1 FULL/BDR 00:00:30 192.168.1.2 FE0/0 10.30.30.1 1 FULL/DROTHER 00:00:36 192.168.1.3 FE0/0
Question 36 of 50
37. As an IP packet traverses the network, the source and destination MAC addresses will never change in the packet (unless NAT is in use). The IP address will have to change from hop to hop though.
Question 37 of 50
38. Your boss has heard that people can reach the router IP address via http. He asks you to disable it. What command do you use?
Question 38 of 50
39. Access points come in which two varieties?
Question 39 of 50
40. Which command will produce the below output?
System flash directory: File Length Name/status 3 33591768 c1900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin 2 28282 sigdef-category.xml 1 227537 sigdef-default.xml [33847587 bytes used, 221896413 available, 255744000 total] 249856K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write) Router#dir flash Directory of flash0:/ 3 -rw- 33591768 c1900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin 2 -rw- 28282 sigdef-category.xml 1 -rw- 227537 sigdef-default.xml 255744000 bytes total (221896413 bytes free)
Question 40 of 50
41. You need to enable OSPFv3 for area 0 on your interface. Which command do you use?
Question 41 of 50
42. You need to manually set your OSPF router ID. Which command do you use?
Question 42 of 50
43. You need to enable ssh access for your VTY lines. Which command do you use?
Question 43 of 50
44. You issue a 'show version' command and see the below configuration register setting. What does it mean?
Router#sh ver Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 15.1(4)M4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) cisco2911 uptime is 1 minutes, 35 seconds System returned to ROM by power-on System image file is “flash0:c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-1.M4.bin” Configuration register is 0x2102
Question 44 of 50
45. ______ is a mechanism for a router to send a reply (on behalf of another device but containing its own MAC address).
Question 45 of 50
46. Applications that are dependent on TCP and UDP use specific port numbers to operate. Port numbers can take values up to 65535. Most of the common applications are assigned well-known port numbers, which are numbers up to ____.
Question 46 of 50
47. Your boss asks you what the '-' means under 'Age' on the below output. What do you tell her?
R1#show arp Protocol Address Age (min) Hardware Addr Type Interface Internet 192.168.1.1 - c201.07f6.0000 ARPA Fa0/0
Question 47 of 50
48. When a host needs to communicate with another host, it sends an ___ request for the MAC address of the host.
Question 48 of 50
49. You only want to advertise network 10.1.1.0 with EIGRP. Which command do you use?
Question 49 of 50
50. Which OSI layer does Telnet and FTP reside in?
Question 50 of 50
Daily Labs into your Inbox: